Sunday, May 04, 2008

Training Update

Track is now officially over and I am eager to ramp up my own training and get summer started.  I really enjoyed coaching track and am really proud of 4 of our athletes that were brought up by the high school team and are already top athletes for them.  One girl in particular, the one I wrote about on here not too long ago, missed qualifying for the 400m high school state championships by only 1 second!  

I am having one of my best training weekends in a long time.  It's really not a whole lot compared to what I have done in the past or what I want to be doing but it is still something I have not been able to do for a long time.  Yesterday I ran for an hour and a half.  The total distance was just over 11 miles.  Today I rode 50 miles alone in 2 hours and fifty minutes.  Both workouts felt good and pushed me just the right amount.  I still want to get to the pool for a little swim but I think we are having some people over that we work with for an afternoon cookout so we'll see how that goes.    

Check back as I'm actually writing stuff again.  Stay tuned for my first triathlon of the season next Sunday, mothers day.  

1 comment:

tomburns said...

Hope it went well today. You know they have many tri's back east during the summer (ha).