Friday, June 11, 2010



YOUTH DEUCEATHLON

0.5 mile run - 3 mile bike - 0.35 mile run


Emma competed in her very first duathlon while camping in Sho Low, Arizona. She was very excited to be a part of all the excitement that Danny and her Daddy were involved in. Danny ran the first leg of the run, Steven biked along side of her, and I finished the run with her. She started her run off a bit conservative, not sure if she should pass people or just stay were she was at. She really took advantage of the transitions and water stations! Emma really kicked butt on the bike, battling two good size hills and then finished really strong, placing 2nd in her age group. She brought home a nice award that she is very proud of.

Emma,

Your dad and I are very proud of you for participating, and just having fun! We want you to know how important it is to be active and healthy. We are your biggest fans in life, we love you!


3 comments:

Dawn Hudson said...

That's AMAZING Emma!! We are so proud of you! I know your Mommy and Daddy are your biggest fans but we are your BIGGEST fans in JAPAN!! Think you have fans all around the world ;)

Keep up the good work!!

Love Dawn, Joe, Bryson, Carter and Chase

Brian Borchers said...

Good job Emma!

As someone who spent a quarter of a century as a couch potato, let me say that I really agree with the importance of learning to be active for a life time. As a teenager I largely stopped being active because I wasn't good enough to make the highly competitive sports teams at my high school. I wish I'd been more well rounded instead of turning into a math nerd at too young an age...

MamaJuneBugJones said...

Awesome! Good Girl! What fun!