Sunday, February 13, 2011


We always have fun when Grandma comes to visit....

My mom was not able to make it up for Emma's birthday due to the snow storm, so she came this weekend instead! She brought Emma's birthday present with her and to quote Emma..."Mom, I know this isn't nice, because I like what everyone got me for my birthday, but this is the best birthday present ever!" Grandma Burns got her a pair of Roller Skates. Emma is a very active girl. She loves to run ( a 10 minute mile), swim, bike, scooter, jump on the trampoline....so she is now learning to use a pogo stick a
nd roller skate. This weekend, that is all she did! Good thing the weather was nice because we were outside all day yesterday and today learning how to skate! Needless to say, she picked up pretty quick. She still needs practice, but she is very brave. We couldn't even get them off of her inside the house. She would say, "just because I am taking them off (only to take a bath) does not mean that I am done with them". Watching her brings back memories of when I was younger. I loved to skate and would go to the local skating rink all the time! I think I might have to invest in a pair so I can join her in the fun.







No comments: