Saturday, July 01, 2006

No Buffalo

No Buffalo Springs lake Triathlon for me after all. The week before I was training hard and building my confidence that I could have a good race. Then on Friday I felt a sickness coming on and by early Sunday morning I had to go to the emergency room because of the pain in both of my ears. Turns out a had a virus that settled in my ears causing both of my eardrums to tear (and leak...gross). I couldn't hear, I had a fever, I was dizzy, and it was not very fun. I pretty much laid on the couch for 5 days, watched TV and napped.
As I write this now it is about two weeks ago that all of this started and although both tears have healed, I still cannot hear all that great. It has gotton better over the last couple of days but not near 100% yet. I have a Dr appt later this week and we will see if this is going to heal up naturally or if surgery could be an option.
I have started training again and actually just finished an hour and a half run here in Socorro. No swimming yet as Dr's orders. Coming up there is a 7k uphill running race in Magdalena, NM next Sunday. I won this race two years ago and I think I can do it again, no reason why not.

No comments: