Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I feel like I am living someone else's life...never did I think that my family and I would be gathering for a memorial run in honor of my dad.  I flew out to Rhode Island today to be with my mom and my sisters to attend a High School Football game, on friday, which is having a dedication for my father who taught and coached for Middletown, RI.  And then on Sunday we will participate in a run that has been organized to help raise money for a Scholarship that we started up here.  It is very hard being here and not seeing my dad.  However, I do see a woman with such strength and courage...my mom.  I am so proud of the woman she has become within the past several years and I know my dad is amazed by her as we speak.  I am very thankful for her and my sisters, that we have each other for love and support.  

Thank you Steven, for your unselfish love and support...I love you.  

And thank you to everyone for your continued thoughts and prayers.

So, if you go for a run on sunday...think of my dad because I love him and miss him dearly.



 

3 comments:

Dawn Hudson said...

I was thinking about you, your sisters and mom today. Wondering how the run was going? How was it? Did you have a nice visit with everyone?

Send everyone my love.

Steven Montoya said...

Your welcome Linds. Although I wasn't there with you I did did think about him throughout the entirety of my own race and I know he had a good day :)

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray to be a stronger person." - JFK

ceciliamontoya said...

thought about you and your family all week-end especially on Sunday. I knew both you and Stevan were doing a race and prayed for you guys. Emma and I had a good time just hanging out and going to a parade, church and shopping.