Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Fall Break

Here is a great picture that Lindsey had taken on her trip to the East coast.  It is of a stream that is close to her dad's house.  I am surprised how green everything still is.  You can see some of the foliage changing to red but for the most part it is green.  We are currently on a fall break from work that started the day before Halloween and ends today, election day.  For having 5 and a half days off it sure has gone by quick like most breaks do.  
On Friday we had our district championships for cross country.  The meet went well and at the end of the day we had the girls district champion, 3 all-district selections, and 3 state qualifiers.  I had gone into the meet with the expectation that my boys would qualify as a team but they ran a very "off" race.  A couple of the runners mentioned that they felt a little dehydrated or that they had lost fitness during our taper?  One thing was that we ran the race in the afternoon instead of the usual morning and the temperature on Friday was up in the 80's.  I was later thinking to myself that I have only 12 runners on our roster, both boys and girls, and having 3 qualified for state makes 25% of our team.  And to make that number sound even better, we only ran 9 at the district championship, so really that percentage is 33%.  The cherry on top of the sundae is that 100% of my girls' team qualified for state.  Anyway I guess I'm just being silly.  We did great and our season is still not over, something that our volleyball and girls soccer teams cannot say.  Next year I expect our team to grow as we pick up kids from other fall sports, more 8th graders, and the fact that we are only losing one runner to graduation.
Well I need to get going and I need to get off this computer so I can get stuff done.  First on the list is a run, then vote, then air conditioners need to be shut down for the winter, then bathroom updates before Sue gets here.  Thanks to everyone who reads the blog and leaves comments.          

No comments: