Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Tri Season Starts Now

There is nothing like slapping down the debit card number online and registering for some races to get things going!  I am currently registered for 4 triathlon races this season.  First up is the Deuces Wild Triathlon festival in Show Low, Arizona.  I am going to do 2 races over the weekend, an Olympic distance triathlon and an off-road Xterra triathlon.  I think this makes the third year in a row I make it to Show Low and as always I am looking forward to it as the start of summer and the season.  We will camp and fish and take the kids to the local pool which has slides and is a lot of fun.  Plus, Danny and Misha will be there camping too :)

Next up is a half ironman triathlon at the end of June in Lubbock, Texas.  The BSLT 70.3 is one of the closest major triathlons to New Mexico so it is nice to be able to drive and keep things on a budget.  Last year I had my best finish time for this race in particular and this year I plan to decrease that time even more.  It's not an easy race at all but I feel like this race has always gotten the better of me so I feel like I have a score to settle.

Then a sprint race in Tucson on the 4th of July with my big bro, Mike.  It has been a very long time since I have done this race.  It will be guaranteed hot and will have lots of fast people.  Mike will be gunning for the overall win and I will see how I feel the weekend after the 70.3 miles of the half ironman.

So the season is just around the corner and I am eager to get some time spent swimming and riding outdoors in the warm and sometimes windy springtime of NM.  

Thanks for reading!

No comments: