Tuesday, March 04, 2008

If you talk the talk then you have to walk the walk...

After more than a year of pretty much no triathlon, I am finding some passion for the training and racing again. Although my training has been nothing to brag about, I have been doing it. This last weekend I ran 12 miles on Saturday and rode 2:40 on Sunday. The run was cool because I used Lindsey's ipod nano with a nike plus attachment which measures speed, distance, and elapsed time, not to mention you get to listen to music and a voice updating you with your progress. On Sunday I drove to T or C and met my bro Mike for a long ride and lunch. That ride was probably one of the best rides I have done in a while. It was a challenging loop course near Elephant Butte with little traffic and the company of my big bro. We will definetly be meeting more often for that one. Here is a picture of the ride through the town of Cuchillo.



I have also signed up for my first triathlon of the season, the Jay Benson Memorial Triathlon in Albuquerque, NM. This is a very popular and competitive event that sells out on a regular basis so I thought I would jump on it early. The race will be held May 11. I'm looking at some other races too but this is the first that I have officially registered for. I haven't done the race for more than 6 years and I look forward to doing it again.
Thanks for checking in :)

No comments: