Monday, March 10, 2008

"Start where you're at, with what you have, improve, and never be satisfied."


What an awesome weekend we had. We left friday night to go to Phoenix for my 2nd Half Marathon. We stayed with Paul and hung out on saturday-Expo, Lunch, Runner's Den. Steven, Emma, and I woke up early for the race and it was a beautiful day and a really nice course. I had been sick all week and thought it was going much harder for me to breath, but I felt fine. I was going really good until about mile 8, when I bonked! I really felt a change in my legs at that point. Not sure what it was, but it was hard to get out of that rut- should have put in some more longer runs. I was hoping to break 2hours, but missed it by a minute! It was a really beautiful course with great weather. It was great to see Steven and Emma every few miles cheering me on. Thanks babe!

After the race we went Steven's cousin Fran and Tony's house for breakfast. It was nice to relax in their backyard visiting and enjoying the sun- it was in the 80's. Emma saw their pool and insisted she get in-ok, no problem except the water was only 65 degrees! But we did it and she loved it-the cold didn't even phase her much-I jumped in and it took my breath away.

We had a really nice, warm little trip to Phoenix-now we are ready for Spring Break!

-Lindsey :)

2 comments:

Dawn Hudson said...

She does look a little cold int he picture. Her hair has gotten really long. We can't wait to see you. Almost here!! Good Job on the run, you did awesome!!

tomburns said...

Hey You're looking good Lindsey. Still got that high school form (ha).Emma may not have been cold, but I was - just looking at her. Love to all Dad