Sunday, January 11, 2009

Here we are 11 days into 2009 and I am starting my 14th year of doing triathlons.  I was reading a thread on a triathlon forum recently that asked readers to post their "old school" triathlon pics.  It was a pretty funny thread and so I thought I would do the same here for you all to see. The first picture was in 2001 in Puerto Penasco, Mexico after a race and supporting the sponsors (look at the giant inflatable beer can in the background).  The second was with Mike at the Hawaii Ironman in 2001.  Third is with Mike in Lubbock and fourth was finishing the swim at the Carlsbad, NM triathlon.  The fifth picture is not me but it is a person who reads the blog, Mr. El Carne and another friend of mine, Terry Moore, at the Stealth Triathlon at Holloman AFB.  The last two are at the finish of the same race in 1998 and 2000.  Check out the improvement!  I wish it continued to drop like that but no such luck.      

 
 
  
   

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Dude not the Lubbock photo!!

Tony said...

Dang, I'm huge...I'm a skinny turd now compared to that picture. haha