Sunday, May 24, 2009

Gettin' Wet an Dirty!





We have had some wet weather around here lately but that does not stop a triathlete from getting in a key workout a week out from the first race of the season. I met an old friend, Matt Napier, and we rode a fast 30 miles and did a brick after. I was able to take a picture on the way to meet with Matt and then again when I was finished at home. There are no pictures from the ride because I was having a hard enough time holding a conversation and holding onto his wheel. All you would have gotten is a picture of his backside. Matt is a great guy and I know he is fast as he has qualified for Kona a perfect 2 times out of 2 tries. This last November at Ironman Florida, Matt was the third overall US amateur finisher! He is a former All-American XC runner and always has some good advice for myself and the XC team. Thanks for the ride Matt, sorry about the mud, and I'll see you in Show Low.

2 comments:

M-Dot said...

Great Brick! I have to admit the cool damp weather made me feel young again and probably resulted in a faster than usual ride. But that last hard effort back into town was payback for the mile of unpaved muddy road you took me on. It took my kids hours to clean my bike. ;o)
I look forward to some more Socorro training sessions this summer!

Napier

P.S. One disclaimer; I misspoke when I said I was the 2nd US Age Grouper to finish at IM Florida, I was actually the 3rd US AG to finish. Hope to improve on that at Kona.. HA!!

505Live.com said...

Sounds like Socorro riding at it's finest!
I guess I need to have kids, I've spent a ton of time getting equipment cleaned / tuned up in the last few weeks... And the yard needs work!
See you guys in Show Low.

Nate