Friday, October 30, 2009

2009 SOMA 1/2 Ironman Triathlon

So last weekend I raced a half ironman triathlon in Tempe, Arizona. I run a lot with the kids but I haven't been doing any swimming or biking since about the end of June to be honest. I ended up doing alright! I improved my time from last year by 10 minutes (10 minute un-improvement on the bike and 20 minute improvement on the run) and bettered my time from the half I raced in June. Final splits were :36 for the swim, 2:43 for the bike, and 1:50 for the run. Total time was 5:13. I finished 23rd out of 92 in my age group and 173rd out of 598 male finishers. Also to note I was chicked, cougared, geezered and probably chubbed too. It's OK, I'm OK with it, I really am. Really. I'm Ohhh Kaayyyyy. Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggonit, people like me! My PR for this distance is 4:43 set BM (before marriage) in 2002. I applied for sponsorship from Trisports.com for the 2010 season and if I somehow get accepted on the team I think I will put forth some real effort into lowering that time. Right now, I got a XC team to work with and state is next weekend!






2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow babe you look great! I miss you!

Lindsey said...

The last picture of you finishing..smokin...hot!