Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

No Holiday is complete in our house without arts and crafts and this Thanksgiving was no different. Lindsey and Emma made some Thanksgiving Luminarias for the outside of the house and some very edible and delicious pilgrim hat treats for desert. I got in trouble for eating too many of them and I had the girls make more on Sunday because they were so good.

The weather in Socorro could not have been better and we were able to spend lots of time outside enjoying the sun and our pup, Kona.

The turkey came out great. It was the first time that I prepared the bird and I decided to try and deep fry it and it came out surprisingly moist and flavorful. Lucky that my brother in law the fireman was here to make sure there were no 911 calls.

The big hit of the day was our new Wii game, Band Hero. We all rocked out pretty good and really enjoyed laughing and having a good time. Here I am doing my best Brett Michaels impersonation singing, Every Rose Has it's Thorn. In middle school I knew Poison was always going to be cool! Since Band Hero does have 3 Taylor Swift songs, Emma was able to dress up as her favorite singer and do her best impersonation also.

A well deserved rest on the couch with 2 of my 3 girls.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Happy belated thanksgiving guys. May God bless your beautiful family.

diesingclan said...

Happy thanksgiving to you...luminarios looked better than the ones on the website lindsey! Turkey looked great Steven! Love emma's new hair cut. Has Grace taken her thumb out since she left Portland? Say hi to the Becco for for me :)