Monday, February 02, 2009

Basketball is OVER!  Finally.  We finished up the season over the weekend and I'm looking forward to getting some time to myself and my family as I have not been off from coaching since August.  The break will only last a month as track will be starting but so will longer days and warmer weather too.  

On the training side I have found this great dirt road that leads out to the middle of nowhere that has hills, hills, and more hills with beautiful NM desert scenery.  It is not singletrack or at all technical, just a dirt road that is tough.  For the last 2 weekends Mike and I have gotten out for 2 hour rides and I know that by keeping this ride as part of my training I will benefit from it.  It's nice to be out on the mountain bike because you go a little slower which is great in the colder weather and no cars to watch out for.  I need to remember and bring my camera with me the next time I go out there.  I even think it could be a great night ride if anyone is up for it.  

Also starting tomorrow, I am on an intramural basketball team here at the university.  The team is made up of people that I work with and it should be fun.  

Take care and have a great week.


No comments: