Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Day 5k

I'm 2 for 2 on the 5k series here in Socorro! This morning we had our second handicapped 5k and I was up and ready for it with Lindsey and Emma supporting. Just for your information a handicapped 5k is not a special olympics event. I was not playing the ringer this morning. It means that all runners are given a handicap of time compared to the fastest runners so the race starts slowest to fastest with intervals of whatever the difference is in time from you and the fastest runner. The goal is to have everyone finishing very close to one another, sort of the opposite of what happens at a regular 5k race. Anyway, the last race was 2 weeks ago and my finish time was 21:45, good enough for 11th out of 30 runners. Today I had less of a handicap but was able to run a 19:55, good enough for 4th overall. Now it's time to start enjoying the 3 day weekend!


No comments: