Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Triathlon is a winter sport that is played out in the summer"

Swimming in lakes and oceans, biking outdoors and running miles shirtless all make sense to do in the summer when it is nice and warm. The days are even longer so you can fit in 2 or even 3 workouts a day without being in the dark. But this is not when races are won or lost or improvements made. It is when races happen but it is what you do now during the winter that will set you up for a successful season. I'm approaching this season wih a renewed sense of excitement and desire to do well. I talk almost daily with my brother and we discuss what each other is doing and how training is going. He is getting ready to have another great season and we are both getting ready to attend Trifest in Tucson, AZ in March. It will be 3 days of training, seminars and expos. It is going to be a lot of fun to train and hang out with my brother for a long weekend. I think it will be the carrot hanging over my head for the next month and a jumpstart for the upcoming season.

1 comment:

Tony said...

That's right. Light it up Biatch!! Did you get your brake calipers in the mail?