Wednesday, February 03, 2010



Damn groundhog!  Rain and snow GO AWAY!

I am tired of winter weather.  It seems like storms roll in weekly, and this week is no different.  Woke up to rain which has since turned into snow.  It is coming down pretty hard right now at 10:00 AM and covering everything with a white blanket.  Track started officially this week and we have practice this afternoon and I learned at a recent coaching clinic that you should never cancel practice due to weather if you don't have to.  Supposedly it's what makes you a team and those are the practices that are remembered and talked about long after they are over.  Yeah, I guess running in the slushy cold is awesome dude when you're in high school but my 31 year old body has aches and pains that didn't used to be there.  Plus its cold.  And snowing.  Did I mention I am tired of this winter weather? 

In fact, I am so tired of this weather that Lindsey and I ordered a treadmill last night from NordicTrack.com.  Should be here in 7 - 10 business days.  We are looking forward to it for many different reasons.  I look forward to running in minimal clothes and at night after the kids go to sleep or in the morning before they wake up.  I'm serious though, the thought of getting in a run and not have a full basket of laundry makes me excited!  Lindsey, if you know her, is not afraid to dirty clothes or have a full hamper so I do not think that is her motivation but she will be able to get in some runs after dark and after kids are asleep.  Maybe in the mornings but we'll see ;)

Speaking of Lindsey, she won a local 5k this past Saturday.  It was a handicapped 5k which means there was a staggered start.  She started 5th and passed everyone ahead of her and did not let a single person pass her.  Her time was in the 25 minute range and she won $10 for her efforts.  She was happy, I was happy for her and proud of her, and she quickly went and spent that $10 getting her brows waxed.  Good job Lindsey!

On the kid front, Emma's birthday is this Friday and she is turning 5.  Time flies for sure.  Since she doesn't read this blog I can go ahead and say we are getting her a new bike. The 10" bike she has now is getting too small so we're going to get her a 16" bike.  She is definetly growing fast and we are enjoying every minute of it.  Kids make your life more fun :) and not so self-absorbed. 


4 comments:

diesingclan said...

Good job lindsey! Hey steven, you are tired of the winter.....boise? are you sure????

Steven Montoya said...

But now I have a treadmill!

Steven Montoya said...

Why don't you think about Tucson?!

diesingclan said...

thanks after the fact...just like you