Tuesday, April 06, 2010











This past weekend I was really excited to take Emma and Grace to Old Mesilla and "try" to take some nice photos. I really do not know a whole lot about taking great pictures but I figured with Steven's help for posing I would be able to get some good pictures out of it. I thought it would be fun to take Monique and Levi along too...so here we go. Four kids, two adults, and not much experience in taking posed pictures. I kid you not, five minutes into it we were on our way back to the car! Emma was leaning against an old wood door and got splinters in her hands. Not only was she balling, but now Levi was too because to him this meant we were leaving back to Socorro. There we were in Mesilla with four kids, two balling their eyes out. We sat in the car for less than two minutes and they stopped. So, out we go again attempting to take some cute pictures! Monique was my saving grace! As Emma continued to cry I was able to atleast practice with Monique and Grace. Emma's eyes were red and puffy and she was not in the mood for taking pictures at this point! Levi changed from crying to laughing hysterically which really lightened the mood! I was able to get some good pictures, I think! I am just wondering what editing software any of you would recommend. I have Photoshop for my PC, which is out of commission at the moment, and so am now using Picnik online. Anyone have other suggestions?

4 comments:

Dawn Hudson said...

Lindsey those turned out really good. What photoshop did you have on the PC and why won't it work? I would love to be able to afford Photoshop so I am with you if you hear of anything good let me know.

You should get out with your camera more, you did a great job.

Riverbend Photography said...

nice shots! I LOVE shooting in Old Mesilla! You can get a teacher discount (which is freakin sweet) on all adobe products, thats how I afford them- and I am in love with my Mac....
Grace is So cute and getting SO big!

Lindsey said...

Thanks! I really need to take a class too and get a different camera eventually! Mesilla is a great place-it was funny Grace, Steven and I looked at your blog after we took our pictures and noticed that you used the same location...

MamaJuneBugJones said...

Awesome pictures! I love them! Great job! And the story to go along with it is priceless! Such a cute story you can tell Emma down the road!