Sunday, November 23, 2008

The bad news: tomorrow is Monday
The good news: it's only a 2-day week

I just got home from our cross country awards potluck and it went so good.  Almost all of the kids showed up and all brought family along.  There was plenty of food to eat and I think everybody enjoyed the few awards I gave out and especially the movie.  My senior girl's little sister was balling as she is not looking forward to her sister leaving to college.  It really was a good time and although I am losing one very big part of my team to graduation, I will have all but 1 back next year plus everyone else who is going to join as the word is out on how fun and rewarding being part of this team is.  

Besides the potluck, it was a beautiful weekend here in Socorro.  There was little cloud cover and no wind and the sun was shining both days.  Because we have such low humidity, anytime the sun shines it feel nice and warm.  I took advantage of the nice weather and on both days I was able to get in ten mile runs.  I had been doing one 10 mile run on the weekend for the last several, but this was the first that I did one on Saturday and again on Sunday.  I am getting ready for the Tucson half marathon in a couple of weeks so being able to do that and actually feel better and run faster on the second run was a confidence booster.  

This weekend we are traveling to Alamogordo and I hope to increase the distance and get in a couple more quality runs.  

Frazz

1 comment:

M-Dot said...

Great XC movie! Can't wait to see how they do next year with more training under their belts.
Good luck with your training. Hope to see you in another ironman soon.
Matt