Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Memories...

Let them fill my mind, 
warm my heart, 
and lead me through.

Thanksgiving 2007 was the last time that my dad and I saw each other face to face.  I was very happy to have my whole family at our new house in Socorro.  We shared that holiday with both of my sisters and their families, and also Steven's mom, grandma, and oldest brother Paul.  It was a very cold Thanksgiving, but filled with lots of fun.  We had plenty of activities and projects for the kids to do to keep them entertained and a special project that included the whole family.  We made water rockets and had a competition to see whose would launch the highest.  I remember my dad just keeping in the background, which is usual, watching what everyone was doing...just taking it all in.  I sure do miss him.  He really should be here now.  We are getting ready to go to my mom's in Alamogordo to be together as a family again on Thanksgiving.  It will be hard because one chair will be unoccupied.  Life goes so fast, you never know what it will bring.  Treasure the time you have, make the best of it, and be ever thankful.  Happy Thanksgiving.   



Click to play Thanksgiving 2007
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

No comments: